Caramel Apple Nachos
October 22, 2015 | western
- 3-4 gala apples
- 3-4 granny smith apples
- ½ package Kraft Caramels (unwrapped) (or Ice Cream Caramel Topping)
- 1 TB water
- white chocolate (vanilla) candy coating
- mini chocolate chips
- Heath toffee bits
- Place heath bits and mini chips into separate bowls. It's important to have these all ready so they can be sprinkled on as soon as the caramel and white chocolate are on.
- Cut a Ziploc bag at the corner. This will be for the white chocolate for you to drizzle on.
- Cut your apples right before working on candy coating and caramel so they do not brown. Place on your prepared dish.
- Unwrap caramels and place in small pot with 1 TB water. Heat on low-medium temp until melted. (Or if you opt to use Ice Cream Caramel Topping skip this step).
- At the same time, melt white chocolate by placing candy coating in a small pot on low heat and stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Place in Ziploc bag with cut corner as soon as it's done.
- Drizzle white chocolate and caramel on as soon as they are melted and smooth. Sprinkle toppings (toffee bits and mini chips) on immediately.
- Serve immediately.